|resources:||Home Mailing List Installation Change Log Members Screenshots|
- Auto focus to location bar on close of last tab
- Option to show "More" submenu
- Save opening tabs only on exit
- Save closed tabs on exit of Firefox
- Remove closed tab with right click
- Closed tabs list in Go Menu
- Close Firefox window on closing of tab
- Update notification
- Configurable shortcut key
- 0.9.7 [06/07/2006]
- 0.9.6 [02/12/2006]
- 0.9.5 [10/16/2005]
- 0.9.4 [03/03/2005]
- 0.9.3 [02/12/2005]
- 0.9.2 [02/11/2005]
- 0.9.1 [01/22/2005]
- 0.7.5 [12/11/2004]
Click2Tab is an extension for Firefox. The current version is 0.9.7.
The extension makes it possible to open bookmark/history item in new tab when left clicked.
The extension also caches recent closed tabs, so you can reopen them with a single mouse click.
Version 0.9.7 is just released (compatible with Firefox Trunk build after 20060122 and Firefox 2.0)!
In version 0.9.5, Catalan locale is added.
In version 0.9.4, some code of the extension is refined for better compliance with other tab-related extensions. Now the extension can work together with extensions such as miniT+ very well. Another feature is the ability to auto focus to location bar when the last tab is closed. Italian locale is also added.
A bug in popup window detection is fixed in version 0.9.3.
Only a very small change in the coding makes the extension compatible with the nightly builds in version 0.9.2.
Two small features in 0.9.1: an option to show or hide "More" submenu (for extra cached closed tabs); the option to save closed tabs and opening tabs are now indenpent, such that you can save opening tabs only on exit. (Notice: those opening tabs are saved into the closed tabs list.)
The most important enhancement in version 0.9.0 is to save closed tabs on exit of Firefox
. The cached closed tabs can be saved when Firefox window is closed. On next startup of Firefox, these saved
tabs will be loaded and added into the closed tabs list. Those opening tabs can also be
saved on exit of Firefox. They will also be added into the closed tabs list on next startup of Firefox.
When there are multiple Firefox window opened, their closed tabs lists will be saved and reloaded separately. The closed tabs of the last closed window will be loaded into the first started window.
Other enhancements: remove a closed tab from the closed tabs cache with mouse right click; replace items in Go Menu with closed tabs; the number of cached tabs and the number of tabs shown in the popup menu may be different; close the Firefox window when the last tab is closed; updates of the extension will be automatically notified; numerous bug fixes.
For most information about the new features, see Change Log.
- Recent closed tabs are cached, you can reopen them with a single mouse click.
- Tab session history is preserved, so can you still browse back / forward after reopen.
- Many ways to reopen closed tabs: left click on the toolbar button, middle click on the close tab button, keyboard shortcut; closed tabs list (with tab index as shortcut keys for the first 10 tabs) from the toolbar button popup menu, context menu of close tab button, tab bar context menu and items in Go Menu.
- The size of the closed tab cache is customizable via option dialog(default to 10). A different number can be set for the length of closed tabs list shown.
- Closed tabs (and opening tabs) can be saved on exit of Firefox. Closed tabs for multiple opening Firefox windows will be save separately.
- Tabs with blank sessions will not be cached.
- If the current tab session is blank, the closed tab can be reopened to the current tab. Otherwise, it will opened in new tabs.
- When the clicked bookmark item is an bookmarklet item, it will be opened in current tab no matter whether the current tab is blank or not.